Baby showers are a special occasion to for expecting parents to celebrate the upcoming arrival of their bundle of joy, and spreading the love to mum to be/parents to be, what better way to do this than with delicious food and cake? Whether you’re hosting a baby shower or attending one, having themed snacks is always a great idea. In this blog post, we'll explore some popular baby shower cakes and snack ideas that will make your event even more memorable!
Cake things to consider and think about.
If you want to go with the traditional route, you can’t go wrong with a lovely classic tiered cake. You can choose a simple neutral design or pink or blue for gender, or really get creative and decorate it with figurines of animals, stuffed toys, baby bottles, etc. If you’re feeling adventurous, there are also some great gender reveal cake ideas out there!
Cakes are available in a variety of flavours ( chocolate, lemon, raspberry jam, mint choc, plain buttercream) and on top of that you need to think about design, so picking one flavour to suit all can be tricky. If you’re hosting a baby shower, cupcakes are always popular. They’re easy to make, simple to serve and come in many different designs and flavours. You can also customize them with cute decorations like baby grows or pacifiers and sprinkles.
For something really unique, why not try a baby shower cake featuring nappies? Yes, you read that right! nappy cakes are becoming increasingly popular for baby showers due to their unique presentation. Reusable nappies can be purchased, which is a great gift for planet conscious parents! You can make the nappy cake at home using rolled up nappies, ribbons, teddy bears and decorations of your choice. These are packed into a cake shaped tower and can even be personalised for baby girl or baby boy for a gender reveal.
Baby shower favours are increasingly popular, usually a small personalised biscuit in a bag or box, or a cupcake to take away. You can also create a sweet treat platter filled with miniature cakes, cookies, brownies and macarons. This would be great for guests to take home after the party.
There are so many beautiful cakes to choose from, depending on your taste. You can even make them yourself at home if you are feeling brave! If not, there are many companies that you can order from, and often offer collection or delivery too!
Baby shower cake ideas & themes
1. Classic Tiered Cake: You can choose a simple design or really get creative and decorate it with figurines of animals, stuffed toys, baby bottles, etc.
2. Gender Reveal Cake: These special cakes can be customized according to the gender of your baby! The buttercream or sponge can be coloured inside to reveal the gender of your baby too.
3. Cupcakes: These are easy to make, simple to serve and come in many different designs and flavours. You can also customize them with cute decorations like baby grows or pacifiers.
5. Nappy Cake: This unique and creative cake can be made at home using rolled up nappies, i would recommend using reusable nappies, perfect for a planet conscious parent, and the nappies double up as a gift too! roll up nappies and tie with ribbons and decorations of your choice.
6. Cake pops: little round balls of delish cake, on a pop stick. They can be decorated with sprinkles or a theme and look super cute!
7. Animal Themed Cake: Anything from monkeys to bunnies can be used to create an adorable baby shower cake.
8. Nautical-Themed Cake: A perfect choice for a summer baby shower, this cake can be decorated with anchors, seagulls and other nautical items.
9. Themed biscuits- they can be coloured to suit baby's gender, or themed!
10.Twin cake- This is a perfect choice for those expecting twins. The cake can be customized with twin figurines and personalized decorations.
Finally, no baby shower is complete without some delicious finger foods. Mini sandwiches, cheese and crackers, mini pizzas and quiches are all popular options that can be presented in a variety of fun ways. Your guests will be peckish after all of the fun baby shower games, quizzes and fun, so a nice spread of nibbles will definitely go down a storm.
baby shower nibbles to serve to guests
1. Sandwiches with a variety of fillings – Salami, Cheese and Pickle, Chicken and Bacon.
2. Cheese and Crackers- A selection of cheeses served with chutneys, oatcakes and crackers.
3. Pizzas- pizzas with a range of toppings and crust dips
4. Quiches- Mini quiches with cheese and vegetables or bacon and onion.
5. Macarons and sweet pastries- a macaron tower in many different flavours.
6. Veggie Platter with Dip- raw veggies cut up and displayed around dips such as houmous.
7. Sushi Rolls or sausage rolls- sushi including fish or veg can be displayed beautifully.
8. Crisps and breadsticks- not the healthiest but crisp bowls are easy to grab and nibble on.
9. Mini salad bar- small dishes of tomatoes, olives, cucumber and lettuce.
10. A fruit dipping platter- beautifully displayed fruit with chocolate and yoghurt for dipping.
With these delicious baby shower cakes and snack ideas, your guests will be sure to enjoy the celebration! So go ahead and start planning your menu today! Good luck!
Struggling to find a lovely baby shower gift for Mum and baby? The Green Mumma have you covered, A beautiful gift box full of new baby essentials, and some lovely treats for Mumma too! Get yours now here!