Designing a nursery is an exciting endeavor for soon-to-be parents. It's a space where they can let their creativity soar and create a cozy and inspiring environment for their little bundle of joy. With an array of nursery decor themes to choose from, it's essential to find the perfect one that reflects both the parents' style and provides a nurturing atmosphere for the child. In this blog, we will explore some of the popular nursery decor themes that have captured the hearts of parents worldwide, allowing them to create beautiful spaces for their little ones.
Creating a cozy environment
Creating a functional yet cozy environment for both you, and your baby is a very important thing to keep in mind when you are designing your little ones nursery. A few soft furnishings, as well as the cot and changing table will help to create a nice space for you too, and lets face it you will probably be spending quite a lot of time in here! Here are a few things that will help to make your babies nursery feel cozy:
- A comfy rocking chair, beanbag or seat- Having a place to sit and feed your baby, cuddle and soothe your little one, or read to them is a must.
- Black out curtains or blinds- This was so important for us when my little one was born. Help nap times feel more sleepy when its midday on a summers afternoon!
- Snug Rugs and Carpets: Place a plush rug or carpet on the nursery floor to add warmth and comfort. It provides a soft surface for your baby to crawl or play on and helps create a cozy atmosphere
- Dimmable mood lighting- Lighting makes a huge difference and set the ambience. There are even gentle colour changing lights available. If your little one is stirring in the night, or needs a feed it is super handy to be able to see what you are doing, without switching on a bright light and fully waking them up.
- Plants- Including plants in your baby's room offers more than just aesthetic appeal. It can provide several advantages for their health, well-being, and development.
- Aromatherapy- Consider using a baby-safe essential oil diffuser to add subtle scents that promote relaxation and a cozy ambiance. Choose mild scents like lavender or chamomile that are known for their calming properties.
The most popular nursery themes currently
Woodland/Woodland Creatures: Bring the charm of the forest into your nursery with adorable woodland creatures like owls, foxes, and deer. Use natural colours and textures to create a cozy and whimsical atmosphere.
Jungle/Safari: Create a wild and adventurous nursery with a jungle or safari theme. Use animal prints, lush foliage, and safari-inspired decor to bring the vibrant colours and exotic animals of the savannah into the room.
Princess/Fairytale: Transform your baby's room into a magical kingdom fit for a princess. Incorporate soft pastel colours, flowing curtains, and fairytale-inspired decor to create a dreamy and enchanting space.
Outer Space/Space Exploration: Ignite your child's curiosity about the universe with an outer space theme. Decorate the room with stars, planets, and spaceships to create an atmosphere that's truly out of this world.
Under the Sea/Ocean: Dive into an underwater adventure with an ocean-themed nursery. Use shades of blue, sea creature decals, and ocean-inspired accessories to create a serene and calming environment.
Farm/Barnyard: Create a charming and rustic nursery with a farm or barnyard theme. Incorporate farm animal prints, hay bales, and farmhouse-inspired decor to bring a cozy and down-to-earth feel to the room.
Nautical: Set sail with a nautical theme that brings the spirit of the sea into your nursery. Use navy blue, white, and red colours along with anchors, sailboats, and ship wheel decor for a classic and timeless look.
Bohemian: Embrace a free-spirited and eclectic style with a bohemian-themed nursery. Incorporate vibrant colours, patterns, and textures along with natural elements to create a unique and artistic space.
- Sports: Show off your love for sports with a sports-themed nursery. Choose your favourite sports team or incorporate various sports-related decor items to create an energetic and playful atmosphere.
- Vintage/Shabby Chic: Create a nostalgic and elegant nursery with a vintage or shabby chic theme. Use antique furniture, vintage-inspired prints, and delicate details to evoke a sense of timeless charm and grace.